Ras Al Khaimah has earned its reputation as a pre-eminent commercial centre with an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial business culture. Strategically located at the crossroads of trade and commerce between East and West, it is ideally positioned to service and access markets that span the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent and the CIS countries. Moreover, it occupies a time zone that allows it to connect markets like the Far East and the US. To leverage this advantage, it is developing a world-class infrastructure, air and port facilities, making it the most well-connected hub in the region.
RAK Government’s proactive approach in creating the right infrastructure and logistics support for industries along with its investor friendly business environment has attracted many global industrial majors to set up base in the emirate.
The emirate is noted for the range and scope of its industries, covering an entire spectrum from building materials, steel, glass and pharmaceuticals to high- end optical data storage disc manufacturing and composites.
Politically stable, Ras Al Khaimah has a forward-looking, responsive government with a progressive, pro-business attitude and a strong commitment to the private sector. Business-friendly regulations and a favourable tax and customs framework have played a key role in attracting business investment from all over the world in almost every sphere of economic activity. Strong economic indicators and a relatively low cost work environment have contributed to its rapid development and prosperity. A modern, safe, multi-cultural place with state-of-the-art medical, education, entertainment, shopping and sports facilities that ensure a high quality of life, Ras Al Khaimah is the location of choice for the modern professional and an ideal location for multinationals to establish a regional presence.
RAK economy is based on leveraging on natural topography, consisting of 65 km of coastal silver sandy beaches, Majestic mountains on the eastern side for hill resorts, Un-spoilt desert plain in the central region for commercial & industrial projects and green belt in the southern side for agriculture developments. RAK is indeed blessed with abundance of natural beauty on one hand and unique location on the other which has allowed us to strategize our economic development on two pillars, namely, Tourism & Industry.
The Best Regulatory Environment
• No Corporate Tax
• No Income Tax
• 100% ownership in Free Zones
• No foreign exchange controls, trade barriers or quotas
• No restrictions on capital repatriation
• Easy access to key decision makers
• Liberal labour laws.
Relatively Low Cost Work Environment
• Access to low cost regional talents
• Competitive energy costs
• Low land and real estate costs
• Competitive import duties (4% with many exemptions)
• Approx.30-35% advantage to investor’s bottom line
The Best Connected Location in the Region
• Proximity to Dubai (80 km) and Sharjah (55 km).
• Modern International airport connecting important destinations
• Sea ports capable of handling bulk and container cargo. Availability of land, sea, air cargo infrastructure
• State of the art telecommunications
Easy Access to Regional Markets
• Total region population of 1.8 billion
• Close and easy access regional markets like Oman, Iran, Saudi Arabia , Qatar and other GCC countries
Thriving Tourist Destination
• Development of tourism projects and resorts, theme parks, desert and hill station resorts with total Investments US $ 10 billion in next 5 years
• Development of five star and seven star hotels with total Investments US $ 10 billion in next 5 years
• Development of hospital, health clinics, schools, colleges and universities with total Investments US $ 2 billion in the next 5 years.
• Development of real estate, apartments, commercial complexes, marinas and golf course
• World class restaurants, beaches and tourist attractions
• Sports facilities including golf, dune driving and sand skiing.
• World class shopping malls
Cosmopolitan Work Environment
• Strong work ethics
• World-class international schools and colleges
• Excellent facilities for leisure, sports, shopping and healthcare
• Progressive, tolerant and multicultural society
An Island of Calm & Safety
• Stable economy with relatively low volatility
• Continuous political stability since its inception
• Zero crime rate